Center Court with Camp Broadway Video Audition
Submission Deadline: May 31, 2017
New York City: Saturday July 15 and Sunday, July 16, 2017
Ages 12 – 16
Camp Broadway continues its great tradition of performing in the Big Apple’s most famous locations! The Camp Broadway Kids put Broadway center court at one of New York’s largest Arenas – Madison Square Garden.
Camp Broadway is seeking cast members for The Camp Broadway Kids Ensemble, a 50-member musical theater group from around the country for its Center Court performance at Madison Square Garden this July. Camp Broadway is accepting video submissions for young dancers between the ages of 12 and 16 to perform with the Camp Broadway Kids Ensemble to open the WNBA game for the New York Liberty. Participants will take part in a 2-day program with rehearsals and Broadway workshops on Saturday July 15 and center court performance at Madison Square Garden on Sunday July 16.
The Package includes:
- 12 hours of rehearsal at a professional rehearsal studio in New York City
- 4 hours of rehearsal and performance at Madison Square Garden
- Master class with a Broadway guest
- Lunch, snacks and water
- Official t-shirt and program script
- Performance costume
- Commemorative group photo
- Ticket to the New York Liberty game (additional tickets available for purchase)
Rehearsal will be held on Saturday, July 15 from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm and on Sunday, July 16 from 8:30 am until the conclusion of the game, approx. 4:30 pm.
Eligibility & Audition Requirements:
- Auditionees must be between the ages of 12 & 16.
- Auditionees must have experience in dancing, and must be comfortable learning choreography at a fast pace.
- Cast Members must be able to attend rehearsals all day on Saturday, July 15 and on Sunday July 16 up until the performance.
- If cast, a participation fee of $395 will be required at registration.
- Room and board is not provided.
All prospective cast members must provide the following:
- Completed online application form
- Headshot and resume of performing experience
- ONE letter of recommendation from a dance instructor or qualified dance professional.
Video Audition Guidelines:
All audition videos must include the following:
- Video intro stating name, age, and hometown
- Dancing: include segment displaying musical theatre dance technique. (All participants will be required to dance and must learn choreography quickly). This video must feature the applicant in a solo performance, which may be from a recital or school performance but may not be an ensemble number.
Applications will be accepted until May 31, 2017. Please keep in mind: qualified Cast Members will be notified on a rolling basis. Casting is expected to be completed by June, so it is a good idea to start your application process as soon as possible.
If you have any questions regarding the application process please email Camp Broadway’s Parent Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org.