Camp Broadway, Ages 10 – 17
New York City: July 11 – 15, 2016
Camp Broadway’s Original Summer Program enables theater-loving kids, ages 10-17, to develop their confidence, character and presentation skills through ensemble performance. Our staff will immerse your child in an authentic Broadway rehearsal process that allows all campers to be successful regardless of experience level. Inspired by Broadway’s cherished works and steeped in its grand traditions, Camp Broadway is designed to build confidence, inspire creative expression, and instill well-being in both aspiring artists and future audiences.
The package includes:
- 5 days (40 hours) of instruction in singing, acting, and dancing by trained Broadway professionals (8:30AM-5:00PM) daily
- Master classes with Broadway artists
- Q&A Sessions with industry professionals
- Backstage seminar with a production crew
- Matinee ticket to School of Rock
- Pre-show luncheon at B.B. Kings
- Post-show Q&A with the cast
- Official Camp Broadway t-shirts
- Official Cast of Characters headshot
- Healthy lunches, snacks and water
- Complimentary admission to the Family Finale (Begins at 5:00PM and runs approximately 90 minutes)
The program culminates in a special Family Finale musical presentation. Open to all skill levels; no previous experience is necessary to enroll.
Featured Show Titles:
In summer 2016, CAMP BROADWAY will celebrate the entrepreneurial spirit by showcasing two musicals featuring protagonists that demonstrate ambition, positivity, and leadership – How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying and Legally Blonde the Musical JR.
On the Wednesday, July 13, campers will attend the matinee of School of Rock on Broadway. Following the performance, campers will be treated to an exclusive post-show talk back with cast members from the show.
Based on the hit film, SCHOOL OF ROCK follows Dewey Finn (ALEX BRIGHTMAN in what The Hollywood Reporter calls “a hilarious, star-making performance”). A failed, wannabe rock star, Dewey decides to earn a few extra bucks by posing as a substitute teacher at a prestigious prep school. There he turns a class of straight-A students into a guitar-shredding, bass-slapping, mind-blowing rock band.
Featuring 14 new songs from ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER and all the original songs from the movie, SCHOOL OF ROCK is a full-throttle tribute to the power of music. The Huffington Post raves, “ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER’S NEW MUSICAL BLOWS THE ROOF OFF THE THEATER!” and Time Out New York cheers, “SCHOOL’s in – FOREVER!”