New York Pops Spring Gala Video Audition (ages 12-16)
Submission Deadline: December 23, 2016
Ages 12 – 16
Camp Broadway is seeking cast members for The Camp Broadway Kids, a 60-member musical theater ensemble from around the country for its 10th appearance with The New York Pops at their annual benefit gala concert at Carnegie Hall (conducted by Steven Reineke). Camp Broadway is accepting video submissions for young singers/dancers between the ages of 12 and 16 to perform with the Camp Broadway Kids. Participants will be part of an all-star line-up on The New York Pops Spring Gala concert on Monday, May 1, 2017. The 2017 New York Pops Gala Honoree will be announced in early November.
- Two days of rehearsal (Saturday, April 29 and Sunday, April 30 approximately 8:30 am – 5:00 pm)
- Dress rehearsal and performance at Carnegie Hall (Monday, May 1 approximately 9:030 am – conclusion of performance)
- Carnegie Hall orchestra rehearsal
- Meet and greet with special guests
- Lunch and snacks, Camp Broadway T-shirts
- Costume by a Broadway costume designer
- Costume fitting and workshop
Eligibility & Audition Requirements:
- Auditionees must be between the ages of 12 & 16, by the first date of the program.
- Auditionees must have experience in both singing and dancing, and must be comfortable learning music and choreography at a fast pace.
- Cast Members must be able to attend rehearsals from Saturday, April 29 – Monday, May 1, 2017 in New York City. (An excused absence letter for your child’s school will be made available to all participants)
- If cast, a non-refundable participation fee of $595 will be required at registration.
- Room and board is not provided.
All prospective cast members must provide the following:
- Completed online application form
- Headshot and resume of performing experience
- One letter of recommendation from a dance instructor
or qualified dance professional.
- Audition Video (see below)
Video Audition Guidelines:
All audition videos must include the following:
- Video intro stating name, age, and hometown
- Singing: include live vocal presentation of the provided cut of “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” in the key of your choosing.
- Dancing: include segment showcasing musical theatre dance technique. (All participants will be required to dance and must have the ability to learn choreography quickly).
Applications will be accepted until December 23, 2016 at 12:00, noon. Please keep in mind; qualified Cast Members will be notified on a rolling basis. Casting will be completed for this event in early January, so it is a good idea to start your application process as soon as possible.
If you have any questions regarding the application process please email Camp Broadway’s Parent Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org.